Our 2020-2021 Season: Virtual Program
Playwrights, Storytellers, and Dramatists! Send us your Scripts!
In light of current events, the Barn Theatre has decided to forgo the Fall 2020 season lineup. However, rather than lay dormant, we have decided to launch a series of programs as part of our virtual events endeavor.
One of the programs that has been slated is our virtual One-Act Project. The project will feature three new one-act plays by regional playwrights. They will be performed on the Barn Mainstage, filmed and rolled out in a YouTube premiere over a three-day weekend in November.
We are currently accepting plays for consideration. We are looking for submissions of all types. However, given public health concerns, they must be tailored for performance distancing (i.e., actors must be 6-ft apart at all times). Perhaps you have a script that suits this criteria already, or even one that can be adapted? Send it our way!
- Scripts must be 30-40 minutes in length
- Scripts must be unproduced and license-free
- Scripts must be self-contained material and not part of another work
- No more than four actors required (character number unlimited)
- There is no restriction on style or genre
- All scripts can be forwarded to firstname.lastname@example.org
We would love to consider your play for production! If you have a submission you can submit it as an attachment by August 7th, 2020 to email@example.com.
Charles Grayson, Producer, Backstage Director
Alli Hartley-Kong, Producer